Ten on Ten :: December 2014


I don't usually add text to my ten on ten sets each month, I like to keep them quiet and let the photos do the talking that way when I look back years later what I really get is the feeling and emotions from the frozen moments in time. But this month feels different, I am feeling a bit weary of heart and body and so I thought, if for even just my own sake in years to come I'd document too the goings on behind the images shared.

My husband Chris had hip hip replaced on Monday evening and we just got home last night from the hospital - it's been a long few nights with lots of pain and sleeplessness. It is so very hard to see your loved one in such pain and not be able to immediately help. Our kids are staying with Grandma and Grandpa Gough (thank you guys so much!) until tomorrow and I am so very grateful for this small chance to focus on Chris's recovery but am also just exhausted to the bone and know that they will return with a force and I myself have been fighting mono as a mom does by simply praying hard each day that there are enough moments to sit and rest to make it through the hectic chaos of raising four little ones.

My amazing friend Julie Jane sent me the dearest note this afternoon with a prayer in it that brought me to my knees in tears and gratitude for her strength in bearing burdens with me through this season. And truthfully these images, finding the beauty in the ordinary is such grace as well. It's so humbling to look around and find that God has given to us in each moment exactly what we need right when we need it. He sent my best friend with chicken soup and strong arms to help me arrange the furniture better for Chris. He sent me the hope that is Advent and how his humble life came down to earth to serve us all. He sent me coffee, and snugly socks to keep my toes warm and even presents to wrap. He is good and even when life is really really hard he sees it and carries us through and I am grateful in the midst of it for chances to focus my mind and heart on him.

Thank you guys for joining in each month in whatever way works best for you - twelve photos or only two, fancy dslr or phone photos this project is simply about observing grace in the everyday thick or thin and I am seriously so honored to be a part of it all with you! Happy Ten on Ten friends, you guys are such a blessing! xoxo



ten on ten button

9 comments:

  1. Oh how I've missed Ten on Ten! I might have to try it today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your heart! I enjoy taking the time to find something ordinary to capture and thank you for the fun opportunity to share! Hoping for rest and recovery for you and your husband during this busy time in life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing your husband a smooth recovery--and you and your family an especially restful, peace-filled Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending positive vibes and healing prayers to your family and a hope for a speedy recovery. Thank you for starting 10 on 10. This was my first time and I'm hooked. It really helped me slow down and appreciate the little things even if only once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos, and am praying for a quick recovery for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful set and encouraging reflection -- thank you for sharing! Sending prayers for pain relief and a quick recovery - and also for healing and energy for you too! Your pictures and Ten on Ten project are such a blessing in my life. P.S. Where did you get the fox wrapping paper?! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying, praying, praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. See? This is why I love 10 on 10 (even though I forgot to take out my camera this month-- oops!). It really does show the beautiful, even in the really the difficult times. May the Lord bless the recovery of both you and your husband. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...